Thursday, November 7, 2013

Ouch

This week was my second foot surgery.  I had my right foot done in August, then Alan broke his arm and we had so many things planned (including a wedding) that my left foot surgery got put off until this week.

Both DH and I thought this surgery would be easier than the first in so many ways.  Most importantly, it is not my driving foot so I will not have to rely on Joe to drive me around for six weeks.  But also, we've been through it and know what worked and what didn't.  We are also hoping pretty hard that Alan will not break any bones this time around!

In the hospital waiting for Alan's arm to be set
Unfortunately, recovery hasn't been as smooth as we hoped.  I got up last night to go to the bathroom, got lightheaded and passed out.  It was a less than graceful swoon and I ended up lying in the bathtub with my legs hanging out and the backs of my knees resting on the track for the shower sliding door.  I have some wicked bruises on my back, my left thigh and the backs of both knees.  Ouch.

The "Guard Kitty" didn't do anything to notify DH either!
DH had been sleeping on the couch in the living room so that he could hopefully hear both Alan and myself.  Unfortunately it took him a few minutes to figure out who was pounding on the wall for attention and he naturally assumed it was Alan and went up to talk to him first.
All my craft projects will have to wait

As Joe would say, "On the bright side, we didn't have to call 911 and I was only lying there for about 10 minutes." 

But the bruises are a big ouch at the moment -- almost worse than the surgery site!

7 comments:

  1. Bless your heart!! I will definitely be praying for you!! Life is never dull is it? May God heal you quickly and with out any more incidents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no poor you! Although, sorry I admit to cracking up at the mental image you gave me of your legs in the air.

    Do you think this means I might win one game of WWF? :)

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, Kerri, I laugh at that mental image too!! I think you ARE winning one game right now by a fairly healthy margin! ;-)

      Delete
  3. OMG- that is awful. Like that saying - adding insult to injury. Or are you adding injury to insult?? Chocolate should help you with the bruising. Chocolate heals everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How to look on the bright side of something that sounds quite scary! Well done and hope it doesn't happen again xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually feeling a LOT better these days. Despite the fall, this surgery has been a much smoother healing than the first. I don't know if I know what works and what doesn't or if this was truly a less invasive surgery but I have almost no swelling and only a small limp and it hasn't even been two weeks. Pretty darn amazing really! :-)

      Delete