We were so happy with people's reactions, that we came home and ordered 3 or 4 more. We've added several a couple times of year since then and prefer to dress him in them on the weekends. We just got a new batch last week and I can't figure out my favorite. I love them all!
Sometimes they just say "Autism Awareness" and sometimes they are more humorous. Over the years we have had:
- I have autism and I am a good boy. My mom and dad are doing the best they can. Friendly smiles are appreciated, parenting advice is NOT.
- Why be normal?
- I'm not a brat, my genes just don't fit.
- I have autism. Thanks for being patient with me.
- Autism: Seeing the world from a different angle.
- Staring at me will not cure my autism.
- Just because I can't talk doesn't mean I don't understand.
- I have autism. Please be nice to my mom.
- Warning: Autism meltdown probability high.
- I'm not rude, hyper or spoiled. I'm autistic.
- Stare if you must. I'm ignoring you anyway.
- Eye contact is overrated.
- I have autism and I'm ignoring you.
- Autism: Being different can be a good thing.
- I have autism and I think you are weird, too.
But my all time favorite is:
- Keep staring and it might cure my autism. Then we can work on YOUR social skills.
Thank goodness for a sense of humor!