Monday, April 21, 2014

The inflamation that won't end ...

I have an eye condition called episcleritis.  My eye sclera gets inflamed and turns various shades of red.  It is not contagious.  I have not scratched it.  But it does hurt.  A lot!

I tend to get these pesky things when I'm under stress.  I got my first one when I was pregnant with Alan.  I have since gotten 3-4 a year on average -- this is a bit of guess, but I don't think I'm exaggerating.  Some go away in a couple of days.  Most hang around for a couple of weeks.  I have one now that has pretty much been here since the start of April.  Ugh.

I'm tired of people in my house.  Although for the most part the workers have all been polite, unobtrusive and good at their respective jobs, the revolving door involved with a major home remodel is stressful.

Then there are the financial implications of the kitchen.  It wasn't cheap.  We both agreed that we were going to do it "right" because we didn't want to be redoing this in 10 years, but it was expensive.  Certainly more than I initially thought it would be.

Then I got a letter today telling me that Joe didn't make it into the college program.  Truthfully this probably stresses DH and I way more than Joe.  We want more for him than working a couple of weekends a month and volunteering three mornings a week.

Both boyz are having medication issues.  Joe is experiencing severe anxiety about weird things.  A med change should help with that.  Alan's OCD is flaring again.  We are going to the doctor later this week.  Hopefully he can work a few of his usual medication miracles.

Then there are some family issues which I don't want to go into on the blog.  Some are health related.  Others are conflicts.  Each issue is another straw upon this proverbial camel.

But on the bright side, I think I like the new kitchen color!  It's a cheerful yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment